The Red Sox are Going to the World Series


Hello again. The Sox are the best and I love everything. Seeing other Boston teams win is amazing, but there's something to be said about watching a team you have loved since forever make another trip to the World Series. I don't even know what to say.

The great thing about this Red Sox team is the fact that we don't have some "schtick" like we did in '04 (the idiots), '07 (Pap's dancing), or '13 (the beards). We just steamroll people. We dominate. We punch you in the mouth then ask "WHAT NOW?" That's our schtick and they're stickin' to it.

David Price took all the haters and losers and subsequently shot them into orbit. Tough time to be a David-Price-isn't-Worth-the-Money kinda guy. Being a hater is just a bad look, I can't relate. Price's stones are bigger than Neil Armstrong's. Imagine being called overpaid, overrated, and an asshole for three years only to give us the biggest win since the last game of 2013. I knew you could do it David :')

We face either the Dodgers or the Brewers in the World Series. I don't know those teams as well as I know the Sox, obviously, but I would love to see a Boston/Los Angeles matchup. I was always a fan of the Dodgers growing up. Iron Man (my dad, for those wondering at home) and I went to Dodger Stadium in 2011 and it was an A+ experience. Bad pic, for reference:


With that all being said, I think I have to address something. There's an elephant in the room and he just so happens to have a job patrolling CF. JBJ elevated his game beyond expectation. There's no one that would ever have guessed JBJ would be the ALCS MVP. No rational mind would assume that someone with a career .230something average would be the most clutch hitter on the team. I have hated JBJ for five whole years. FIVE! That's longer than any relationship I've ever had. I have made this my calling card to everyone; even those that don't watch the Sox know my hatred for JBJ. I went to the game with Iron Man when JBJ had his 29-game hit streak snapped. I laughed all the way home. This has become a lifestyle and I'm not sure I can ever part from it.

I've actually debated whether or not I should simply give up my hate and hop aboard the train. Sources were saying that I was now on Team JBJ. WRONG! I remembered that true haters never let a grudge die. True haters want to see you fail even when you're the best hitter of the postseason. He'll come back to Earth and I'll be here smiling, waiting for all of the fans to turn on him again.

It is also time to mention that my video calling out JBJ and Jared Carrabis now has over 75,000 views on Twitter. Some would put a dunce hat and apologize. Not me, I'm doubling down. No hits for JBJ in the World Series. Sorry, someone had to say it.


Comments

Popular Posts