Update on My Twitter Absence

credit to Vanity Fair
I have now gone 16 full days without using Twitter and guess what? I'm still here and knowledgable! (I spelled that word right on my first attempt, without autocorrect, so apparently my IQ is skyrocketing.)

I read the AP's website multiple times a day, in addition to ESPN and Pro Football/Baseball Rumors for my sports news. It's nice knowing that some BK Randy isn't giving me his opinion on what is happening in North Korea. I now save that kind of stuff for when I read the Brockton Hub, shoutout to Larry Boyd.

I originally didn't think I'd be able to live without the constant validation that whatever I put on the internet is funny.

I can! It's nice!

I'm definitely less stressed and more focused on other things that I normally wouldn't be doing. I'm more productive at work and check my phone so much less than I did before. Arguably the biggest thing I've noticed since leaving is I haven't fallen for any fake news stories. I feel like I just quit some type of hard drug or something, although I really have no idea what that feels like, so probably not.

Feeling brazen, I decided to also delete the Instagram app off my phone. I have checked that a few times on my computer but it's just to see posts when people tell me to look at them. I'm always here to toss you a like on the gram if you need me to.

Social media sucks and I don't like anyone's opinion but my own. We're all thinking it. I just said it. You're welcome, I've done you a civil service I think.

The bottom line is: I don't think I'll be coming out of my Twitter retirement anytime soon. Sorry to those who I have let down in this difficult time. I would 100% be on a social media blackout if I was not a journalism major. If I left Facebook, how else would you know when I wrote my next article? You'd probably miss me then.

Also, shout out to Thailand for rescuing that whole soccer team. RIP to the diver that didn't make it home.



Buy a damn shirt, I have three of them on sale now. Support the cause!
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=w_bl_sl_s_ap_web_7141123011?ie=UTF8&node=7141123011&field-brandtextbin=Boof+Stubby

Comments

Popular Posts