I'm Now an Arkansas Razorbacks Fan!


For my whole entire life, I have never really rooted for a college football team. My parents didn't attend a school that had a football team (shoutout to PC basketball and BSU baseball, though). Cousins Dan and Mike made me a de facto Notre Dame fan, but it just didn't feel right. I have been searching for a team to live and die for on Saturdays since I have been able to comprehend the complex sport of football. I have finally found my team.

When I think of Arkansas, I think of football. I have no idea what else goes on in that state. Gun to my head, I might not be able to point it out on a map of the US. That doesn't matter. What matters is my love for the Razorbacks is here to stay. BU killed its football team after going 0-100,000 and I resent that decision every day that I walk by Nickerson Field. Would I have turned the program around? Who knows. We'll never get that answer.

Not being able to live out my dream to be Tom Brady is not the point of this post. This post is to make sure that the rest of the SEC trembles in its boots when it hears the crowd yell like they're an air horn warning opponents that the pigs are ready to run amuck on that field. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here you go. Thank me later.


This year is gonna be filled with highs and lows, heartbreak and triumph. I'm ready for it all. If I get to live and die for a team on Saturdays AND Sundays, well, I might as well have died and gone to heaven. September weekends have just elevated to a point of pure bliss. I will love every second of this journey, even though I know almost nothing about the team at this point.

Nevertheless, I will do my research, I will watch every game, and I will be yelling "WOO PIG SOOIE" in the face of my enemy each Saturday. It's not too late to hop on the bandwagon of the #91 ranked team in the country according to preseason polls. Does that phase me? Not a chance. Coach Morris will bring us back from the abysmal 4-8 season that we had in 2017. We only won one SEC game last year. I am here to personally guarantee that we will win at least two. (Side note, I've never spelled guarantee right on the first try, but whatever.)

I love a good underdog story and I can't think of a better team than Arkansas. We might not take the ship, but I think we might be the team that bounces Alabama from BCS Playoff contention. You heard it here first. Long live the Razorbacks.


Also, I know I haven't kept up with the daily roundup at all. I am not a man of my word and I understand how this may not bode well for my claim to watch every Arkansas football game this year. Whatever. If you trust me, sweet. If you don't, I get it, but you're wrong. The Daily Roundup and Arkansas football sagas will live long and prosper.

Comments

Popular Posts