FUCK Uber



Hey, have you ever used Uber? It rocks, right? Wrong. Uber is the worst of the ride sharing apps and I am here to defend my stance.

I called an Uber the other night. It was not the price that was promised to me. I was promised it would be about $5.50. That's fine with me, no big deal. I have no quarrels with that, for it was not a long ride. It was maybe 10 minutes in total. When I got my receipt in the morning, I had been charged over $75.

WHAT?

Why in the fucking world I have been charged that much? Oh, because the driver tried to drive to Rhode Island and charge me for it. The Uber was from West Campus to South Campus. It's too bad that the woman didn't stop the fare. She is a bad human. Am I Trump-esque in this? Maybe. Do I care? Absolutely not.

Today, I received a solution from Uber. The solution was to charge me over $90 extra ON TOP OF my fee from last night. I don't know how I can live with this. I don't know how people can take Ubers knowing this information. It's a corrupt organization.

I'm doing okay financially in college because of how hard I work during the summer. I use that money to support myself during the school year. I don't want to be ripped off by a huge company because they are absolutely incompetent in completing simple tasks. I hate this organization now. Do you know what the best ride sharing app is? It's Lyft. Lyft is the greatest ride sharing app I've ever come across. I have nothing bad to say about them.

Recently in Boston, Uber has had a problem with human trafficking and prostitution. Uber drivers are abducting women and selling them to human trafficking leaders. I don't want to implicate such a large organization in a mess like that, but they should be held accountable. It's sad to see.

The bottom line is this: I was RIPPED OFF by Uber and I hope that they are held accountable for their actions. I am out almost $200. Being a broke ass college student, this is not great. I want this situation to be rectified and if it isn't, I will flip multiple tables.

Long live LYFT. I cannot condone any trips with Uber until they rectify the situation.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

Patrick

Comments

Popular Posts