I Am Not a Great Blogger, But I Digress


Hello readers,

Long time, no see! I have no idea what consistency is, obviously, because I wrote two blogs in the better part of three months. I hope you didn't enjoy reading these, because I have been far too lazy for me to remember that you actually used to. Upon further review, I'm here to say that I'll try to be back writing semi-consistent blogs.

A lot of shit has happened since I last blogged about anything. Brett Kanavaugh is sure getting a lot of attention, eh? Think I'm gonna talk about that? Nope. Indonesia had another tsunami and no one seems to care about it, which is kind of preposterous. I heard Johnny Thomas scored a touchdown; I have nothing to say about that. There is also some talk that I have blonde hair. I will neither confirm, nor deny, this report.

I come here today to share a story of a pet shop. Today I visited, what will remain, an unnamed pet shop. A friend wanted to get a pet for his apartment and I decided to join in on the excursion, my terms being that we stop at the Los Amigos Burritos beforehand so I could get a burrito with an egg in it. It was A+. I recommend that burrito to anyone that is willing to listen to what I have to say. After I demolished that great burrito, we resumed our trek to get an unspecified animal of my friend's choosing.

Upon entering this shithole of a store, we immediately realized that the owner should be charged with multiple animal rights violations. His cat was eating the goldfish out of their tank. We saw this and pretended that it was normal. It wasn't. The cat was then seen drinking gross ass water out of another tank, a surefire sign that the cat had not been given water in a long time. The small dog at the front of the store was about as stand-offish as you could get. It was clear the dog never got the attention it deserved as a puppy. It was really sad to see.

My friend decided to get a [insert aquatic animal here] for the apartment. I could not stand the disgustingness of the shop, so I decided to wait outside. Another friend went and bought frozen yogurt, a decision that would prove to be a bad one. (One should never decide to get tart yogurt and mix it with Oreos, Fruit Loops, and chocolate chips, FYI. You always need a flavor of yogurt for it to be enjoyable, but that is neither here, nor there.)

After the frozen yogurt was thrown away and the [insert aquatic animal here] was purchased, we raced home. Except, we didn't race home. We went to Five Guys so I could get a milkshake, and my friends could purchase the most delicious fast food burger on the East Coast.

After all was said and done, we ended up back at the apartment. The [insert aquatic animal here] seemed to be on its last legs, and we were all nervous. Finally, the animal pulled through and it is living comfortably with a friend. I was surprised, but happy to see that the [insert aquatic animal here] did not die on the Uber ride home.

I am not going to name names. Or am I? I totally am.

The Pet Shop in Allston, MA, definitely should be persecuted by the masses because of the despicable way that it peddles animals. Give them all the one-star reviews on Yelp. Don't ever think of buying an animal from this place. There were two girls before us that bought over $500 worth of animals and supplies. I got the sense that they were too ignorant to know that it was wrong to support a business like this.

It really sickened me to see so many people supporting such a shitty store. I don't know how this store hasn't been shut down yet. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. Support the local shelters and try to stay away from shitty stores like this. When you buy animals from a store like this, you're only supporting the owner and what he gets away with. This store doesn't have a place in the city and should be shut down immediately.

With that, I will conclude my first blog in a very long time. If you find yourself in a similar situation: stop and think about what you're doing. I'm not a big animal rights activist, but what I saw today was downright despicable.

Anyhoo, I hope you're doing well. I missed writing about things no one really cares about. I hope to see you soon.

Regards,
Boof Stubby

Comments

Popular Posts